It’s Sunday, which means it’s Six For Sunday time. I haven’t been doing this long, I’m having so much fun though and so glad I started. This weekly prompt was started by alittlebutalot, go check out their awesome blog! This week’s prompt is Six Bookish Habits, I have so many it was hard narrow down to six.
- Sleeping with books under my pillow: I know I’m not the only person who does this, I have six tucked under mine at the moment. Sometimes (always) you just need a book within reach.
- Reading in the bath: I love reading in the bath, there’s nothing more relaxing than chilling in the bath with a book. It usually means I’m in the bath ages though.
- Removing the dust jacket before reading a hardback: I can’t read hardbacks with the dust jacket on. I like to keep my books in good condition which is hard with the jacket on, they really get in the way too.
- I always use a bookmark (or press release): I flat out refuse to dog ear books, or use things like pens or food etc. At a stretch I’ll use a receipt or scrap price of paper.
- Reading for half the night: This is one of my bad habits that I can’t seem to shake, on the plus side I get to listen to the birds sing.
- I never leave the house without a book: I just can’t do it, you never know when you might need to sneak a chapter in. If I’m more than halfway through I’ll take two with me.